Search Tour
Your Budget

Driving Licenses and Restrictions

Foreigners who want to drive in China require an International Driving Permit; this can be arranged at the local PSB. However, there are extensive restrictions on inter-city driving. Cars can be rented in Hong Kong and Macau relatively hassles free. If you're renting a car in Beijing or Shanghai, you'll be restricted within the city limits. Information on drivers-for-hire can be found in ex-pat entertainment magazines.