The first Boao International Tourism Forum will be held in March, 2010. The recently issued Overall Program for the First Boao International Tourism Forum said attending tourism ministers will sign Boao Declaration on Closer International Tourism Cooperation. Domestic chiefs of tourism bureaus will sign Boao Declaration on Regional Tourism Cooperation during the forum.
The concept of "Boao International Tourism Forum" is to implement Premier Wen Jiabao's important instruction to "make full use of Boao Forum for Asia to speed up the construction of Hainan international tourist island". The forum will become a high-end platform for gathering leading roles and elites from domestic and international government organizations, enterprises, media, cultural, sports and arts industries. Starting with issues of common concern, it will take in multiple development modes of global tourism industry and provide intellectual support for international tourism, especially for China's tourism. As an integral part for the construction of Hainan International Tourist Island, the forum will prompt the development of Hainan tourism and cultural industry and Hainan economy.
The first forum is themed as Post-Financial Crisis Reform on Tourism Industry and will have seven phases :
• Ministerial Roundtable Meeting: Tourism Development and International Tourist Island Strategy;
• Media and Tourism Forum: Post-Financial Crisis Tourism and Media Development and Reform;
• Culture and Tourism Forum: Win-Win Development of Culture, Arts and Tourism;
• Real Estate and Tourism Forum: Mutual Advancement of Tourism and Tourism Estate;
• Informatization and Tourism Forum: 3G Changes Our travel Lives;
• Golf and Tourism Forum: Golf and Hainan International Tourist Island Construction; and
• Yacht Economy Forum: China Yacht Industry Development and Hainan International Tourist Island Construction.