Beijing’s 72-Hour Visa-Free Transit Policy
Travellers, who hold passports issued by any of the 45 countries eligible for Beijing’s 72-Hour Visa-Free Transit Policy and will remain in Beijing for no more than 72 hours while in transit, may
apply to the frontier inspection authority in the Beijing Capital International Airport (BCIA) for 72-hour visa-free transit stays in Beijing. This policy is applicable to foreigners who enter and exit from Beijing only.
The visa-free 45 countries
the Czech Republic
the Republic of Lithuania
the Republic of Malta
the Republic of Slovakia
the Republic of Slovenia
the United Kingdom of Britain
the Republic of Ireland
the United States of America
the Republic of Korea
the United Arab Emirates
72-hour visa-free tours in Beijing
- 72 hour visa-free tour in Bejing
- 72-hour Visa-free Coach tour in Beijing
- 72-Hour Visa-free Tour in Beijing one
- Mutianyu Great Wall Half Day Visa-free Tour
- Badaling & Ming Tombs One Day Visa-free Tour
- Forbidden City, Temple of Heaven & Summer Palace One Day Visa-free Tour
- Badaling, Forbidden City & Tiananmen Square One Day Visa-free Tour
- Temple of Heaven, Forbidden City & Tiananmen Square One Day Visa-free Tour
- Forbidden City, Hutong area, Badaling & Summer Palace Two Days Visa-free Tour
- Forbidden City, Temple of Heaven, Badaling & Ming Tombs Two Days Visa-free Tour
- Forbidden City, Tian'anmen Square, Temple of Heaven, Badaling & Ming Tombs Two Days Visa-free Tour
The Information of the 72-hour visa-free policy
According to the regulations of the Ministry of Public Security, foreign travellers, arriving at BCIA, must satisfy the following conditions to qualify under the 72-Hour Visa-Free Transit Policy:
1. Travellers must be citizens of one of the 45 countries covered by the policy.
2. Travellers must hold international travellers’ credentials proving their citizenship.
3. Travellers must meet the entry conditions of their destination countries or regions.
4. Travellers must hold continuing air tickets with confirmed dates and seats, indicating their intent to depart from the Beijing Capital International Airport to a third country or region within 72 hours, or hold related certificates.
5. Arrival and departure airlines must report to the frontier inspection authority.
(The Beijing General Station of Exit and Entry Frontier Inspection will authorize 72-hour visa-free transit stays for travellers only if all these conditions are fulfilled.)
1. Passengers apply for 72-hour visa-free transit stays in advance through their airlines; the airline’s aircraft must arrive at the Beijing Capital International Airport.
2. With valid international tourism credentials proving their nationalities and continuing air tickets with confirmed dates and seats, indicating an intent to depart from the Beijing Capital International Airport to a third country or region within 72 hours, or related certificates, foreigners need to fill in the Entry Registration Card for Foreigners after they arrive at the airport; then they can apply for 72-hour visa-free transit stays at the 72-Hour Visa-Free Transit Stay Application Counter of the frontier inspection authority while going through entry frontier inspections.
3. For qualified foreigners, the frontier inspection authority will affix a temporary entry permit seal on the passports and will complete 72-hour visa-free transit stay procedures for them.
.Foreign travellers shall depart from the Beijing Capital International Airport within 72 hours after the frontier inspection authority has confirmed the validity and credibility of their valid international tourism credentials and the temporary entry permit stamped in the passports.
Frontier Inspection Procedures
Hold Continuing Air Tickets to a Third Country or Region
According to the policy, applicants from designated countries who apply for 72-hour visa-free transit stays must hold continuing air tickets with confirmed dates and seats, or hold related certificates. Therefore, this policy is not applicable to foreigners who have not booked continuing air tickets to exit from Beijing within 72 hours, and it is not applicable to foreigners whose destination is their home country.
Enter and Exit from BCIA
The Beijing Capital International Airport is the only entry-exit port applicable for the policy in Beijing. In-transit travellers must enter and exit from the Beijing Capital International Airport only.
Stay in Beijing
Qualified foreigners must remain in Beijing for the duration of their 72-hour visa-free transit stays. They must depart from the Beijing Capital International Airport within 72 hours. If in-transit foreign
travellers have to remain in Beijing for longer than 72 hours for reasons beyond their control, they should file an appropriate application with the Beijing Municipal Public Security Bureau for a visa.