Yangtze River is the birthplace of Chinese civilization. Over 2,700 miles long, the mighty Yangtze is the longest in the world. This extensive waterway cuts through the heart of China, marking the division of China into north and south, both geographically and culturally. The river rises in Qinghai Province in the far western part of China and flows through eight provinces before disgorging its water into the Yellow Sea.
Undoubtedly, the Three Gorges situated in Hubei province and Chongqing city is the most significant wonder along the Yangtze River as it offers endless beauty of nature with its breathtaking landscapes, glimpses of farmland-terraces nurtured by those local inhabitants, wild goats, bird sand the like, tangerine fields, etc. An imaginative feeling on how traditional life is in existence yet discreetly unassuming.
The progress of the Three Gorges Project has captured the attention of the world. With its massive scale, by far the biggest hydroelectric dam in existence worldwide, the water level has risen from 80 to 135 meters last June of 2003, completion date of its 2nd phase.
The journey into the Yangtze Three Gorges can be proposed two itineraries. One is going downstream from Chongqing, which enables a quick view of the scenery. The other is going upstream from Shanghai, Nanjing, or Wuhan, which enables leisurely but thorough sightseeing along Yangtze River and Three Gorges.
However, the perfect journey starts from Yichang, the gate of the three gorges.
The Yangtze Three Gorges starts from Nanjin Guan Pass of Yichang in the east, and ends to Baidicheng castle of Fengjie, chongqing city in the west. Its whole length about 193 kilometers consists of the Xiling Gorge, the Wu gorge, and the Qutang gorge. It's the best scenic part of the Yangtze River, as well as the best in China's landscape. Of all ages, its shinning beauties keep attracting the eye sights from every corner of the world.
The construction of the Three Gorges Dam inadvertently, made the existing wonder more worth seeing as it turned water into green-clearly color, wider passage, mountains and gorges remained tall and proud .Tourism experts pronounced that the new Three Gorges look even better and without a doubt most fascinating than ever.
- 10 days HK-Yangtze Cruise-Xian-Beijing From US$1837 (for groups of 10 or above)
- 15 days Chinese Culture & Yangtze Cruise Combo From US$3227
- 18 days Yangtze Cruise & Quintessential China From US$3131
- 15 days Classic China & Yangtze Cruise Tour From US$2480
- 13 Days Yangtze Express Tour From US$2315 (for groups of 10 or above)
- 15 days Shanghai-Yangtze Cruise-Yunnan-Guilin-HK From US$2712 (for groups of 10 or above)
- 16 Days Classic Yangtze Cruise From US$3045 (for groups of 10 or above)
- 10 days Guangzhou-Guilin-Yangtze Cruise-Shanghai From US$1508 (for groups of 10 or above)
- 21 days Best of China Tour From US$5103 (for groups of 10 or above)